Monday 19 April 2010

Challenge: Pretty Petals

The sun has been shining, the ground is warming up and everything is in bloom. So to celebrate this gorgeous time of year we're going to go mad for flowers for our next challenge! So let's see those flowers on your projects peeps! Any colour or variety, the choice is yours!

For my sample I dug out (bad pun, sorry!) my Green Thumb set. This was one of my first ever PTI sets, bought about three years ago, but hasn't seen much ink lately! That's changed though as I had a good play with it over the weekend!



Recipe:
Stamps - Green Thumb
Card - Stamper's Select White/True Black/Spring Moss
Ink - Summer Sunrise/Melon Berry/Orange Zest/Terracotta Tile/Spring Rain/Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other - True Black gingham ribbon/Spring Moss button


Here's Aimes:

"Well I bet you were expecting me to ink up Friends 'til the End for this challenge were you not?! LOL! Well in a bid to escape my urge to ink it up all the time I fancied surprising both you and myself by having a go at making my own flower!"


"Super easy to make with lots of die-cut flowers from tissue paper! Just proves that you don't need a stamp set that features a flower to enter our challenge ;D"


Card Recipe
(All PTI Supplies)
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style/Turning a New Leaf/Damask Designs (sentiment)
Ink: Smokey Shadow/Spring Moss/Versamark
Cardstock: Lemon Tart/Stamper's Select White
Accessories: Vellum/White Tissue Paper/Lemon Tart Button/Jute Button Twine/Cuttlebug/Nestabilities/Apron Lace Border Punch


And here is our sample from Dana, this month's Featured Stamper!

Isn't it so happy and cheerful?!

Stamps: PTI Fillable Frames #2, PTI Giga Guidelines, PTI Heart Prints
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, PTI Spring Moss & Aqua Mist (mixed), PTI Vintage Tea Dye Duo
Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, PTI Rustic Cream, Core'Dinations Aquamarine,
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird
Dies: PTI Beautiful Blooms die #2, PTI Fillable Frames #2 die
Other: PTI Vintage Button Aqua Mist, Prima E-line flowers (white Hydrangea), sisal twine, sewing machine / thread


Here's those deets:

* All entries must contain at least one PTI product to qualify

* To enter, use our inlinkz thingy at the bottom of this post. If you're having problems then just leave a comment with a link to your post featuring the project on your blog or online gallery.

* Worldwide entries are more than welcome to share the inspiration and can be in with a chance of being a Top 3 PTI Passionista, but unfortunately prizes can only be shipped within Europe!

* Challenge closes on Monday, May 3rd 2010 at 9.00am GMT

* A winner will be chosen at random to receive some PTI goodies! In addition to this, we'll select the top three creations we like the most and feature them on the Blog. The top three PTI Passionistas will have chance to display a Top 3 Passionista Blinkie on their own blog!

We can't wait to see what floral delights you come up with!

Kate, Aimes & Dana
xxx

13 comments:

Jen Carter said...

All of these are gorgeous!! Great job ladies!

Els said...

Amazing cards, ladies! Love the challenge :)

Vicki said...

Wow these are so lush and the colours are soooo summery:)

x x

Aga said...

Great challenge! Can just ask when is the last day to enter? Is it 3rd of May?

Antje said...

Wonderful cards from the DT!!! Specially the selfmade flower is gorgeous!!!
I hope that I will have time to play... I so enjoy your challenges!
..and congrats to the last week winners!!

Ginger Claire said...

Amazing cards and another great challenge - thank you xx

Kate Lewis said...

Aga - yes the last day to enter is May 3rd, thanks for spotting that, I've changed it now! Kate x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love the orange/yellow colours, they are so bright and cherpy. I really hope I get chance to join in this one xx

Ann said...

Ooo lovely - my favourite theme! Just love these three cards - especially the flowerpot!

Chris said...

Well I love flowers and I love your cards! Thanks for a challenge right up my road!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful cards, ladies!! I love flowers and couldn't resist entering! Thanks for another fab challenge!

Vanessa x

Inkyfingers said...

These cards are gorgeous and have inspired me to enter my first ever challenge. Hope I've done it all right!
Thanks, Carol

Taheerah said...

I totally forgot about this challenge! Seeing as my Blog Hop card has flowers on it it would be rude not to enter it, lol!