Wednesday 4 August 2010

August Featured Stamper!

Hi Peeps! Can you believe it's August already?! After a month off we're back with a brand new Featured Stamper, and we're so thrilled to introduce you to a dear friend of ours who will be joining us on the blog for the month:

Please welcome Caryn Davies:



In recent months Caryn has become a self-confessed Papertrey Addict, and her blog Glitter Me Silly is packed to the brim with inspiring projects.. let's get to know her a bit better shall we?!

1)How did you get into papercrafting?
I started making cards when I was pregnant with my 4th baby, Sophie. A friend of mine had been to a card-making class at a local craft shop and was showing us her creations one evening. I loved the idea of it so next time she was doing a class I tagged along. It was a mixture of stamping, die-cutting and punching so a bit of everything really. From the first class I was totally hooked and booked for another 10 different classes there and then! That was six years ago and I have been papercrafting ever since, mostly card-making but dabbling in scrapbooking along the way too.

2)How long have you been stamping for?
I have been stamping from the very first class I did 6 years ago. I have tried all kinds of different styles and forms of papercraft but stamping is something I've stuck with all along. I am totally in love with acrylic stamps and have no idea how to use wooden ones any more!! Why do they still make them???

3)How did you get into PTI and why do you love it so much?
I was totally unaware of PTI until about 18 months ago. I discovered Steph's blog (Stamping and Sharing) first of all and kept seeing these amazing stamps and papers and ribbons (oh my) and LOVED the whole co-ordination thing. Thanks to Steph's generous nature and immense trust in letting me borrow some of her stamp sets to "try before I buy", I then made my first purchase. My first set was "Signiature Christmas" but I have added to my collection somewhat over the last 6 months. I think I have about 25 sets now. The thing I love so much about Papertrey Ink is the versatility of the stamps - the way you can combine images and sentiments from all the sets to give endless amounts of different looks. I also adore the colour pallette - just looking at my button collection all laid out before me is enough to make me squeak with joy!

4)What would you say is your stamping style?
If you asked me that a week ago I would have said, eclectic. If you'd asked me a month ago I'd have said CAS. Ask me tommorrow and it'll be a different answer again. I don't think I really have a set style as I am a typical Saggitarius and can never make my mind up about anything - hence I flit from one style to another! I am very motivated by what I see around the blogs - I am an habitual caser of other people's ideas!!

5)Do you have a favourite PTI colour or colour combo that just makes you drool?
This is another question with more than one answer!! At the moment I love seeing Hawaiian Shores next to Terracotta. BUT, my ultimate favourite colour combo is Raspberry Fizz with Aqua Mist ALTHOUGH I also love the three blues, Ocean Tides, Hawaiian Shores and Aqua Mist together. See, I told you I couldn't make a decision if my life depended on it!!

6)If you had to choose just one PTI stamp set to keep, which one would it be and why?
As a serial mind-changer this is impossible to answer. At this exact moment in time I'm going to say Butterfly Dreams. I just LOVE it. It was the first set I got with a matching die and I am really enjoying making loads of butterlies but not having to cut them all out!! (I love the Enjoy the Ride set with matching die for the same reason).

7)Who is your PTI Idol?
Of all the PTI designers I have to say I love the fresh style of Maile Belles. Her designs are so clean and her use of colour is such an inspiration. Am I allowed more than one?? I also love Betsy Veldman and every time the countdown to the new release starts, hers and Maile's are the first blogs I go to.

8)Where do you get your inspiration from?
ALL of my inspiration comes from visiting other blogs and the occasional CARDS magazine (if I can find one). There is such a wealth of amazing talent out there and sometimes I click on a blog and it stops me in my tracks. I love scrolling through the gallery on the PTI forum too.

9)What’s your stamping dream?
To go to CHA with an unlimited amount of cash in my pocket and an empty suitcase!

10)Where can we go to check out more of your wonderful creations?
My blog is called Glitter Me Silly and if you want to visit me it's HERE.


Look out for Caryn's work here on A Passion for Papertrey over the next few weeks!

Kate and Aimes xx

5 comments:

Ann said...

Yay, Caryn! Can't wait to see what you create!

Stephanie said...

Caryn? ....never heard of her but have a feeling she's going to be my favourite featured stamper to date ;)

Caryn said...

Shucks Steph, you're making me blush!!

Daniela F. said...

Congrats, Caryn!! Looking forward to your crafty projects here :)

Chris said...

Congrats fellow Pixie - can't wait to see what you do - it will be stunning as always!