Sunday 3 April 2011

April's Featured Stamper

Hey!

Aimes here, reporting from a mountain of cardboard boxes full still yet to be unpacked!
Still, I don't need my inky supplies to introduce our featured stamper for April (albeit it a few days later than planned!) So, without further ado, let's give a warm welcome to April's Featured Stamper:


Claire Hamer!

Kate, Caryn and myself have met Claire in person at our previous PTI Make and Take event and she's such a fab lady who's up for a good giggle too! I even managed to spot her at Birmingham NEC last Saturday and had a lovely little catch-up with her! (Honestly, Claire, I promise I wasn't hunting you down to nag you about your interview questions for this blog post LOL!)

So here's a chance for you to get to know her a little better too!

1)How did you get into papercrafting?
I needed a 60th birthday card for my Dad & couldn't find anything I liked, so I decided to make him one instead. When I look back now at the card I made, I might have been better buying one! Although I think he loved it as he still has it.

2)How long have you been stamping for?
I started stamping almost as soon as I started papercrafting, so about 7 years ago.

3)How did you get into PTI and why do you love it so much?
I'm not sure how I found PTI, I think it was through some friends and they now have a lot to answer for. I love the attention to detail and the inspiration that's available on what to do with all the gorgeous PTI products.

4)What would you say is your stamping style?
Ahhh, style! I'm such a flitterbug I don't really have style, I'll be clean & simple one minute and completely grungy the next with a dash of cute in the middle.

5)Do you have a favourite PTI colour or colour combo that just makes you drool?
I love raspberry fizz, especially with a hint of Hawaiian Shore.

6)If you had to choose just one PTI stamp set to keep, which one would it be and why?
Just one, that's torture! I think it would have to be something like everyday button bits, so it covers as many occasions as possible and also contains sentiments. I love a sentiment to finish off a card.

7)Who is your PTI Idol?
Dawn McVey - I just love her style and she's such a sweetie too but then again all the PTI girls that I've met - yep I'm that lucky I've met lots of them at CHA and they are a great bunch of girls.

8)Where do you get your inspiration from?
I love taking inspiration from fashion and media. I'll often look at colour combinations in clothes shops and think that would like great on a card.

9)What’s your stamping dream?
To go to PTI HQ in Ohio and what's even better is that dream may well be coming true. Although Julie & Jane (two thirds of PTI) have warned me I'll have to work while I'm there. Woo hoo that means they'll be letting me into the warehouse!

10)Where can we go to check out more of your wonderful creations?
My slightly unloved blog http://gingerpiedesigns.blogspot.com/ . I promise to be posting regularly again soon, it's just that moving house cuts down on your crafting time for a couple of weeks, but my PTI goodies are now unpacked, so I'm a happy stamping bunny again.

Thanks, Claire! We're sooooooooooooooooo totally jealous that you get to go to CHA and cosy up to the PTI DT - give 'em a hello from us next time :) And I can personally sympathise with the amount of time moving takes from your precious inky time! I'm just waiting for the day my own inky supplies are released from their cardboard boxed prisons!

I'm sure you'll welcome Claire and like us, are looking forward to seeing some of her fabulous creations here on the blog!

Before I dash, Happy Mother's Day to all you peeps celebrating it! Gotta 'fess up that my mum received a store-bought card for the first time in years *gasp*! That's what happens when you don't ink in advance so let that be a lesson to y'all! *wink*

Aimes
x

2 comments:

Anne said...

Well done Claire. Looking forward to seeing your work. I checked in [as I do most days] to A Passion for Papertrey and said I know that face. Enjoy your month.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Welcome Claire and sooo jealous of you :)
Wow Aimes, surely not a store bought card? Tut, tut, tut!! ;) Hey, it's the thought that counts and I'm sure she loved it all the same.
Hugs,
Katie x